Check out easy and simple way to prepare delicious and Sweet Jalebi at your home. Prepare, taste and celebrate.
- All-purpose flour (maida)2 cups
- Fine grained semolina or rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 table spoon
- Baking powder-1/4th table spoon
- Curd (plain yogurt) -2 table spoon
- Warm water-11/4th cups
- Saffron threads, slowly dry-roasted and powdered-1/2 table spoon
- Sugar-3 cups
- Water-2 and 2/3rd cups
- Green cardamom seeds powder-1/2 table spoon
- Rose water-1 and 1/2 table spoon
- Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the flour, semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd and 3/4th cup of the water in a bowl (preferably a ceramic bowl).
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Mix well and then add remaining water and 1/8th tsp. of saffron powder, and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
- Whisk thoroughly before use.
- Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Pour the batter in a steady stream (or coconut shell with a hole) into the pan to form coils.
- Make a few at a time.
- Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
- Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- Take the jeri(jalebi) out of syrup and serve hot.