Cook Mutton Fry in easy 8 Steps. Here’s the process.
- 1 Kg meat from the thigh of the goat or lamb cut in to 1 ½” pieces
- 3-6 Pieces green cardamoms
- 4-6 Pieces cloves
- 1 Small stick cinnamon
- 1 Big pinch of asafetida
- ¼ Cup yoghurt
- 1 Tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 Onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tsp. dried ginger scraped
- 1 Cup mustard oil or refined oil
- ½ Cup clarified butter (ghee)
- ½ Cup green garlic with stems chopped
- Garam masala powder
- Powder together(2 tsp coriander seeds, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 pieces red Chilies, 1 tsp fenugreek seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Wash the meat and drain well.
- Mix together the whole spices, yoghurt, turmeric powder, salt, half the onions, ginger, mustard oil and little water.
- After mixing cook the meat in a heavy bottomed pan till it is almost done, dry any remaining liquid, remove from the flame and put aside.
- In a flat pan heat the clarified butter (Ghee), add asafetida and the remaining onions and fry till golden brown, drain the excess oil and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the semi cooked meat and fry, stirring occasionally cook till well done and turns dark brown in color.
- Add the green garlic and fry until it becomes soft and changes color .
- Add the powdered masala and garam masala, fry for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with rice, pulao or roti.