Listed as the World’s highest paid footballer with a net worth of about $250 million, Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best player within his generation. He was born in a poor family with a single room to be shared with his siblings. From being a “cry-baby” to being a greatest footballer of all time,it requires piles of hard work under those sleeves. Here we bring you some mind blowing facts about Cristiano Ronaldo.
Image source – Wikipedia
- Ronaldo was nicknamed “cry-baby” among his friends as he used to cry when he passed and his friends couldn’t score. That was his love for goals which turned him to be a prodigious player today.
- Being born poor is no sadness, but staying poor is. Born to a cook father and a gardener mother, Ronaldo had a childhood full of limitations. Who would have ever thought the exceptional kid with all his skills would make it to this big one day.
- As a teenager, he would be in the gym training using weights on either foot, or then dribbling with the ball. Ronaldo thought training with weights would improve his game techniques because without weights, he would be even faster. And he is really fast. He won against Angel David Rodriguez, who is a professional sprinter, and who is the Spanish champion for 100 meters in zigzag course. Yes, he is faster than the professional sprinter.
- Ronaldo played his first game for Sporting Lisbon in the Portugese Super League when he was just 17 years old and soon became one of the most admired young football players in the world. It was a pre-season game between Sporting and United that Ronaldo caught the eye of Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who was quick to sign him and offer him the No.7 shirt. . He said: “We’ve had some fantastic No 7s, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, some wouldn’t want that jersey but his confidence was high even at 18. When he made his debut as substitute against Bolton he took the place by storm.”
- When Ronaldo jumps, he generates 5G of G-force on take-off – this is five times the power of a cheetah in full flight. This enables him to reach heights of 44cm in the air from a standing start and 78cm with a run-up – 7cm more than the average NBA player.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is considered to be the fittest athletic. His body fat is about 10 percent which makes him the perfect for fast sprinting and athletic courses. He can run faster than a cheetah and can generate high speed free-kicks of about 13.1 kmph, faster than the speed of a space craft.
- Ronaldo lifts around 23,055 kg of weight during a training session, which is a total of 16 Toyota Prius cars. Wow! Such a phenomenal ability this man has.
- Ronaldo doesn’t drink or smoke as his father passed away due to alcohol abuse. He doesn’t have any tattoo as he has to donate blood every six months.
- In addition to his FIFA World Player of the year award, Ronaldo has also won the coveted Ballon d’OR, the Golden Boot, and been named the UEFA Club Forward of the Year, among other honors during the course of his career. Ronaldo sold the golden boot he had won in 2011 for €1.5 million and gave the money to fund schools for children in Gaza.
- This is undoubtedly the most amazing story of Cristiano Ronaldo and gives us an insight on how he is really like as a person. Cristiano Ronaldo : “I have to thank my friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from Sporting (Lisbon) arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Academy.” “We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, the Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went to one on one with the goalkeeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get the ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”. Several years later, the journalist went to Albert’s house and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. “But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seemed to be a rich person. You also maintain your family … .. Where is all this from?.” Albert proudly replied; it’s from Cristiano.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss